Welcome back! We are very excited to see our friends return this week from Winter Break, and they may have noticed a few changes in our Preschool classrooms. The Pandas relaxed in the new quiet story space in their room. The Adventurers arrived to find the return of wooden blocks, tree blocks, and new puzzles (a few other materials have been stowed away). And the Trailblazers explored new plants, books (thank you, parents, and friends of our program), and matching and letter recognition games. We are routinely thinking about our environment, what the children’s needs are, and how we can support and extended their learning.
Parent-Teacher Conferences are coming up on Friday, March 15th. Please note that the Preschool will be closed and we will not offer childcare during conferences. The link to sign up for conferences will be emailed to you next week. Here are a few pointers for your conference:
- Prior to your conference, write down any questions you may have.
- Feel free to take notes during the conference. You will receive a good deal of information in a very short time, and it can be hard to recall everything at a later date.
- Let your child’s teacher(s) know of any big changes at home (new house, new sibling, new routine, etc.) which can greatly affect your child’s behavior at school.
- Ask what you can do at home to help your child.
- Feel free to contact your child’s teacher(s) at a later date with any follow-up questions or information.
“Camp Curious” registration is open! Our Preschool summer camps run from June 3rd through July 12th, with several options for families to choose from this year. Two-, three-, or five-day options are available each week, as well as an option for Early Morning Play from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. for an additional fee. Register by Monday, April 8th and receive 5% off camp prices by using discount code EarlyBird. Click here to register. With so many great activities planned, you don’t want to miss out!